The Art of Online Hosting is designed for those who are called to gather people together across geographic boundaries and host online courses and events that are everything we know they can be – real, engaging, truly interactive & deeply connected.
This process will help each of us shift the ways we work online; to become more conscious, more earth-connected, authentic, and ultimately more effective at creating the online environments where we want to live and work.
Key Questions for Exploration
- What is different about being “present” and “holding space” in an online environment?
- How do we access and evoke authentic presence in the digital realm – within ourselves as hosts, and within the groups we are convening?
- What is needed to create a thoughtful and life-affirming culture of technology?
- What stimulates real participation in online environments?
- What happens when online presence is aligned with purpose and intention?
- What does it mean to host an earth-connected online experience?
Exchange DesignSession 1: Invitation to Presence The ability to host others, or “hold space” online for collective inquiry and transformation begins with the capacity to be present to ourselves: in effect, to host ourselves. Session 2: Hosting a New Culture of Technology In our second session, we will engage directly with the medium and culture of technology. Building on what we’ve learned about presence, we move to the conscious use of our medium and experience what happens when presence is aligned with purpose and intention. Session 3: Walking with Earth Wisdom in the Digital Realm Our third session is practical and mystical at the same time, as being connected to the earth is the natural state of all living beings, even when we don’t remember how. Session 4: Designing for Participatory Practice Online Our fourth session applies the work of the first three sessions to the design of online engagement. Click for More Details about The Art of Online Hosting
- August 8th / Session 1: Invitation to Presence
- August 15th / Session 2: Hosting a New Culture of Technology
- August 22nd / Session 3: Walking with Earth Wisdom in the Digital Realm
- August 29th / Session 4: Designing for Participatory Practice Online